Net Balance and ECO-Buy, in association with Shaun McCarthy, founder of Action Sustainability in the UK, and our partners ISCA and Social Procurement Australia, are excited to be co-hosting a Master Class on social procurement for infrastructure and construction.
As governments and corporations seek greater value for money from their procurement, tenderers for infrastructure and construction projects are increasingly expected to incorporate the effective delivery of positive social outcomes into their bids, such as engaging local contractors, establishing apprentices or offering indigenous employment opportunities.
Join us for the Social Procurement Master Class to hear insights into best practice in delivering social outcomes as part of infrastructure and construction projects procurement. The Master Class has been developed for infrastructure and construction professionals, and will draw on international and Australian developments and cases studies, including:
- The establishment of the Social Value Act and the Town and Country Planning Act (s106) in the UK and similar requirements in Australia
- Project examples, London 2012, UK Rail Projects, North West Rail Link and other similar projects.
The Master Class will provide practical guidance on the following:
- Aligning your procurement with your clients' social objectives
- Ensuring your procurement is generating social value
- How to measure and report on the outcomes of your social procurement
- How you can achieve efficiencies through social procurement
- How leading companies and governments are doing social procurement
- How to work with your supply chain to take your organisation’s social procurement performance to the next level.
Sessions will be held in both Melbourne and Sydney. Both are limited strictly to 20 places to ensure quality learning and interaction.
Full fee: $780 | ECO-Buy, SPA or ISCA members: $650