The ECO-Buy member webinar featured two ECO-Buy members who are demonstrating leadership in engaging staff on sustainable procurement:
- Aubrey Jansen, Manager Purchasing and Fleet, from Glen Eira City Council
- Harry Fricke, Senior Sustainability Officer, from Moonee Valley City Council
Both Aubrey and Harry highlighted the importance of:
- Building relationships with key staff across the organisations
- Helping staff to understand what you are requesting e.g. how to track and report
- Solid policy, strategy and action plans that relate to sustainable procurement objectives and targets
- Embedding sustainable procurement into staff training and induction
- Setting up systems and processes to track and report sustainable procurement
- Starting with the low hanging fruit and gaining momentum
The video of the webinar is available to watch on the online member resources section of the ECO-Buy website.
If you would like more information on this webinar, please contact ECO-Buy.