Are you looking at buying solar panels for your organisation? If so, how can you be sure that the company you’re purchasing from is trustworthy and will deliver a quality product?
The best place to start is by checking the Clean Energy Council's list of Approved Solar Retailers. Approved Solar Retailers have signed the CEC Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct, a voluntary scheme for businesses that sell solar systems. By signing the code, retailers commit to responsible sales and marketing activities and industry best practice.
Dealing with an Approved Solar Retailer means you will receive:
- a 5-year whole-of-system warranty on workmanship and products
- detailed information on the process involved between system installation and network connection
- assurance that the company has gone through a rigorous and detailed process to become approved as a code signatory
- peace of mind that the company will adhere to all existing legislation and regulations, and that its sales representatives will act ethically and not engage in any dishonest or misleading tactics
- many other quality and performance guarantees.
The Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct has been authorised by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and was launched late last year by Federal Environment Minister Greg Hunt. Signatories to the code can be identified by the Clean Energy Council Approved Retailer logo.
For more information or to view a copy of the code, visit approvedsolarretailer.com.au.
ECO-Buy is currently offering an incentive to signatories of the code to list on ECO-Find. To find out how you can become a supplier listed on ECO-Find, please contact Stephen on email@example.com